October is definitely one of my favourite months on the calendar. It starts with The Whisky Show, Straight in to London Cocktail Week and then around a week later it’s UK Rum Fest. Apparently for some this is also Stoptober where people decide to stop drinking for charity… Not happening over here sorry, so erm pass me my tasting glass please as we get ready for UK Rum Fest 2017.
Now in it’s 10th year Rumfest founded by Global Rum Ambassador (yes that’s an actual job title) Ian Burrell, Rum Fest still has at the heart of it the mission to introduce the world to the world of rums. UK RumFest is the world’s premiere rum festival, hosted in the capital of cocktail culture, London, on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th of October.
Visitors to this years show can taste from more than 400 rums from around the world, seminars from master distillers and cocktails from the Tiki bar.
Things to look out for this year:
• The world’s largest Tiki-head bar from Plantation rum will showcase the brand’s finest
pineapple rums and host plentiful pineapple-themed rum fun!
• Raising the stakes will be a Highball Bar sponsored by Fever-Tree where an exclusive selection
of rum and premium mixers will be served up, a new, botanical twist on a classic rum serve,
simple, elegant and delicious.
• An exclusive chance to buy some of the world’s most sought after, ultra-premium, vintage
blends with ‘Golden Tot’ tokens. Velier’s brand new Navy Rum launching exclusively at The
UK’s RumFest, Appleton Estates “Joy” Anniversary rum and Don Q’s Reserva de la Familia
which retails for £1,600 a bottle.
• Rococo chocolates will be hosting rum pairings, encouraging guests to find the perfect truffle
to match with their favourite rum as well as serving their delicious rum hot chocolate.
• A secret Mini-Trini Carnival sponsored by Angostura rum, hidden away within the festival,
every hour 30 guests can enjoy a mini-masterclass, cocktails and a Trinidadian-style carnival.
• The UK’s premiere cigar emporium launched in 1787, JJ Fox, hosts their first ever cigar and
rum pairing at the show this year, playing homage to the saying ‘what grows together, goes
• Cookery demo’s from acclaimed Masterchef winner Shivi Ramoutar and top UK
Trinidadian Chef Hasan De Four
• Sunday’s Rum & Roast, a delicious twist on the classic British institution whereby the first 200
lucky diners can enjoy a complimentary Bloody Mario, a Hampden Estate rum-laced Bloody
Mary, that’s smooth, spicy and the perfect start to Sunday’s session.
Saturday 14th October from 12pm to 6pm (Early Entry from 11am)
Sunday 15th October from 12pm to 5pm (Early Entry from 11am)
ILEC Conference Centre, 47 Lillie Road, London, SW6 1UD
General admission on Saturday is £49.50 per day (+ booking fee) with an Early Entry option for £59.50
(+ booking fee) from 11am. On Sunday £39.50 (+booking fee) with an Early Entry option for £49.50
(+booking free) from 11am
T: +44 (0) 0208 351 2315
Purchase Tickets here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/rumfest2017